Researchers, academics, practitioners, and students interested in decision support systems in agriculture, using Operational Research methods and Big Data techniques to support many real-world decision-making problems in small scale farming, industrial agriculture, smart farms, agri-business supply chains, land use and environmental protection, among others are invited to submit an extended abstracts.
All submissions will be handled with Easychair. Extended abstracts in english of up to 4 pages must be prepared using a given template:
Authors are invited to submit extended abstract of their recent work by May 20, 2019. The list of topics in which we invite submissions include but are not limited to the following main areas:
- Operational research methods relevant to agriculture, forestry and environment.
- Sustainability indicators in agriculture and environment.
- Modelling sensor based data to get useful information.
- Big Data techniques with potential applications in agriculture.
- Optimization and simulation models, including agent based simulation.
- Decision support tools based on Big Data and Operational research techniques.
- Decision support tools based on GIS and their implications with Big Data.
- Economic aspects of adoption of Big Data analytics.
- Machine learning.
- Support Vector machine.
- Precision agriculture, digital agriculture.
- Industrial agriculture.
- Small scale farming.
- Agri-business supply chain.
- Land Use.
- Environment studies and environmental protection.
We are very happy to communicate that extended and revised papers of accepted contributions will be invited for submission in a special issue of International Transactions in Operational Research, to be announced soon.
Submission deadline: May 20, 2019. Extended deadline for submission: May 31, 2019. Author acceptance/rejection notification: July 17, 2019.
Camera-ready accepted Extended Abstract deadline: August 15, 2019.